- If you feel anxious or agitated, try some breathing or relaxation exercises, or listen to some soothing music.
For breathing: count to three whilst taking a deep breath in through your nose, then count to three again as you breathe out through your mouth. Repeat this three times.
For relaxation: lift your shoulders up to your ears as hard as you can and then relax them. Repeat this three times.
- Don’t keep worrying about the things you can’t do. Use the skills you have and think about what you CAN do.
- Keep doing the things you enjoy, as much as possible.
- Do things that reduce the need to go out shopping, such as baking cakes or bread.
- Set yourself a challenge. Try something new. If you have an interest that has lapsed, why not pick it back up again?